I really love doing senior portraits!!!! There are so many cool locations to do your session in Arroyo Grande and San Luis Obispo County. This is a great session with Mia that went perfectly and it got me thinking that I should do a post on how to have a great senior portrait session.
Some Helpful Tips
1. Arrive early and check out the session spot. Running late affects how many pictures I am able to take. It gives you fewer options for your Yearbook Photo.
2. Bring at least one outfit change that is easy to change into. There is not always a place to change so plan accordingly.
3. Bring a parent with you. Why? I take a complimentary photo with you both together. As a parent, I know well how time flies and I want you to have a memory of this session together.
4. Consider getting your hair and makeup done. I know several talented artists that can make you look your best. I recommend this because it really does help with confidence during a photo session. You will have these images for the rest of your life and you want to remember this special time in your life.
5. You are welcome to bring props, like Mia did. It is recommended for a few fun shots. I want to showcase your personality and style. Think of what would work best for the location you choose.
6. Important! Do not wait till the yearbook deadline to book your session. Spots fill up fast and if we have bad weather on your session day, we will have to reschedule. You have more options when you book with plenty of time.
7. Don’t Stress. This is fun and all about you. Trust the creativity of your photographer who is always thinking of how to photograph you best. How do you want your session to look?